-
November 14th, 2005, 12:48 AM
#6
cebula_2000
Guest
Both "THE Secret Garden" and "A Little Princess" are online free at Project Gutenberg... www.gutenberg.org look in the online catelog under Frances Hodgson Burnett.
I liked the movie, but only when looking at it as a completely different story. None of the movies I've seen are like the book... especially the end of A Little Princess (the Shirley Temple version and that other one set during WWI.) and the beginning of the 1993 Secret Garden.
I have to say, the movies were a lot better before I read the books. Great books books books!
If they eyes were "greenish grey" (how do you remember that exact phrase?? [img]smile.gif[/img] ) you coould always rewig a grey-eyed doll. Sara is so endearing, I can see why you would want to make a doll out of her.
Then you could make a Mary Lennox doll... Yellow hair and brown eyes. Mary was nicer at the end of the book, and she became endearing, too.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks